Friday, November 8, 2019

STRONGHOLDS


The term "stronghold" is one that Christians use quite a bit & usually has negative connotations. They say things like "He can't overcome that because the enemy has a stronghold in his life." 

I have a little bit of a problem with that. There is a place, II Corinthians 10:4, where Scripture uses the term "stronghold" or "fortress" in a negative sense. 

But I want to remind you about a few of the 14 places in the Psalms where the word "stronghold" is used. Each time it has a positive meaning. 

Psalm 9:9 "The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." 

Psalm 18:2 "The Lord is my rock and my fortress, my deliver, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield & the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." 

Psalm 31:2 "Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly, be to me a rock of strength, a stronghold to save me."


Although it's possible for the enemy to to have a stronghold in someone's life, it's important for us to remember this: God did not just make a stronghold; He IS our stronghold. 

We need to take refuge in Him. He needs to be our hiding place. I encourage you today make the Lord your stronghold. 

If you do this, you'll find out that the enemy can't have a stronghold in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERILOUS TIMES

It’s easy to get caught up in a couple of ideas that are not true. The first is that our situation of lawlessness & turmoil hasn't h...