Thursday, June 16, 2016

THINKING ABOUT MY TESTIMONY

My wife asked me to write down how the Lord has worked in my life. She believes that the Lord can use such things to give hope to others about His ability to change lives & make His grace real to them. I have to admit that it is something I’ve often thought about doing, but somehow have never quite gotten around to doing.

This idea is not true about just me. In fact, God’s Word says something about this. Paul alludes to this concept when he says,
“To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ, and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things; so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 3:8-10).
The reality that God has chosen to use the church to reveal His wisdom to the principalities & powers in the spiritual realm is hard to grasp & maybe even harder to believe. As we proclaim of the Gospel in word & deed, we know that God also works thru His people to make His salvation known to our fellow human beings.
One thing is for sure. If Jesus had not come into my life on that fateful day in 1972 & changed my whole direction, I don’t even want to think about where I would be today.


One other thing is certain. By His incredible grace, God is somehow using my life & the lives of countless others to reveal who He is & what He can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERILOUS TIMES

It’s easy to get caught up in a couple of ideas that are not true. The first is that our situation of lawlessness & turmoil hasn't h...