Saturday, September 5, 2020

THANKFUL FOR ANOTHER YEAR

 I’m thankful to God for another year He has given me.

My mother in 1987
There have been a number of things that have hindered me from writing this blog (caring for my wife, a couple of long & important writing projects, & videos on prayer). But I just wanted to take a few minutes to share with you some thoughts about why I’m thankful for another year the Lord has granted me.

One truth that has become very precious to me is that God is in control of the circumstances of each person’s birth. That doesn’t mean that He has given me all the answers to the “Why” questions, but it does reflect His sovereignty & desire to bless each person & to advance His cause in the world thru that person.

I was in my mother’s womb for 10 months & just a little over 6# in weight at birth. A few weeks before the due date for my birth my parents had suffered the loss of my oldest brother Eddy (age 4 or 5 years) from a lingering childhood disease. For whatever reason, God allowed this & a result was the delay by several weeks of my introduction to the world. Even though I never met my brother Eddy, I know that I will see him in heaven.

A highlight every year because of the wonders of digital technology is receiving birthday greetings from the scores of friends the Lord has given me over the seasons of this life. Something especially neat is that this aspect of my birthday covers 2 days, because of our many friends on both sides of the International Date Line.

So today I’m celebrating with the family how the Lord has given me another year to love & serve Him in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PERILOUS TIMES

It’s easy to get caught up in a couple of ideas that are not true. The first is that our situation of lawlessness & turmoil hasn't h...